The Standing Committee on Public Works is a completed standing committee of the Legislative Assembly, established 21 June 2007, and ended 22 Dec 2010.
The Standing Committee on Public Works examines and reports on existing and proposed capital works projects in the public sector, including the management and environmental impact of such works.
On 20 November 1997, the Parliament gave leave for the Standing Committee on Public Works and the Public Bodies Review Committee to conduct a joint inquiry into issues relating to and arising from the regulation of the procurement of goods and services, competitive tendering and contracting in the New South Wales public sector.
Parliament House, Macquarie Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Resolution passed 21 June 2007, 54th Parliament, Votes and Proceedings No.14, Item 13, Pages 169-170
A Standing Committee on Public Works be appointed to inquire and report from time to time with the following terms of reference:
(1) As an on-going task, the committee is to examine and report on such existing and proposed capital works projects, or matters relating to capital works projects, in the public sector, including the environmental impacts of such works, and whether alternative management practices offer lower incremental costs, as are referred to it by a Minister, or by resolution of the Legislative Assembly.
(2) Such committee consist of seven members of the Legislative Assembly.
(3) Mr Baumann, Mr Borger, Ms Fardell, Mr Khoshaba, Mr McBride, Mrs Paluzzano and Mr Page be appointed to serve on such committee.
(4) The committee have leave to make visits of inspection within the State of New South Wales and other states and territories of Australia.
Resolution passed 24 September 2008, 54th Parliament, Votes and Proceedings No.84, Item 5 (8), Pages 900-902
Mr Aquilina moved, by leave, That the following motions, for the appointment of members to the following Parliamentary committees be agreed to:
(8) Standing Committee on Public Works
That Alan John Ashton and Marie Therese Andrews be appointed to serve on the Standing Committee on Public Works in place of David Lawrence Borger and Karyn Lesley Paluzzano, discharged.
Resolution passed 21 September 2010, 54th Parliament, Votes and Proceedings No.211, Item 26 (8),
Mr Aquilina moved:
That Nickola Lalich be appointed to serve on the Standing Committee on Public Works in place of Alan John Ashton, discharged.