Animals (Regulation of Sale) Bill 2007
- Private Member's Bill
- Lapsed, "Agreement in Principle" Debate, 28/08/2008.
- Lapsed in accordance with standing orders
An Act to regulate the sale of mammals other than livestock; and for other purposes.
Text of Bill as introduced
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to protect the lives and well-being of dogs, cats and other mammals (but not livestock) as follows: (a) by prohibiting the keeping for sale of mammals at shops or markets, (b) by prohibiting the sale of mammals at shops or markets, (c) by regulating the advertising or brokering of the sale of mammals from shops or markets, (d) by regulating the publishing o...
Show full Explanatory Notes
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Moore, Clover
- Notice of Motion: Wed 27 Jun 2007
- Introduced: Thu 18 Oct 2007
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Thu 18 Oct 2007