Mining Amendment Bill 2008
- Assented, 20/05/2008 on 20/05/2008 - Act No 19 of 2008 (GG No. 61, 30/5/2008, p 4020).
An Act to amend the Mining Act 1992 and other legislation to make further provision with respect to prospecting for and mining minerals.
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to make miscellaneous amendments to the Mining Act 1992 (the Principal Act) for the following purposes: (a) to make it an offence to carry out certain mining purposes without a mining lease, exploration licence, assessment lease, mineral claim, opal prospecting licence or an environmental assessment permit (an authorisation), (b) to require mining of privat...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 3 of 2008, dated 01/04/2008 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Campbell, David
- Notice of Motion: Tue 4 Mar 2008
- Introduced: Wed 5 Mar 2008
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Wed 5 Mar 2008
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Tue 1 Apr 2008
- Date Declared by Temporary Speaker without amendment: Tue 01 Apr 2008
- Member with Carriage: Macdonald, Ian
- Introduced: Wed 2 Apr 2008
- First Reading: Wed 2 Apr 2008
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 7 May 2008
- Second Reading: Tue 13 May 2008
- Date Committed: Tue 13 May 2008
- : 13/05/2008
- Report Adopted: Tue 13 May 2008
- Third Reading: Tue 13 May 2008
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Tue 13 May 2008
- Returned to LA: Tue 13 May 2008
- Passed Parliament: Tue 13 May 2008
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses
- Assented: Tue 20 May 2008