Australian Jockey Club Bill 2008
- Assented on 01/07/2008 - Act No 52 of 2008 (GG No. 87, 11/07/2008, p. 6879).
An Act to provide for the transfer of the business undertaking of the Australian Jockey Club to Australian Jockey Club Limited and for the granting of further leases of Randwick Racecourse; and for other purposes.
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The Australian Jockey Club (the AJC) is an unincorporated club that was formed in 1842. It holds a lease of Randwick Racecourse that was granted to it under the Australian Jockey Club Act 1873 by the trustees of the Racecourse (the Racecourse trustees) and, as a result, has the use of and is responsible for the management of the Racecourse. That Act confers various powers on the Chai...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 7 of 2008, dated 02/06/2008 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: West, Graham
- Notice of Motion: Tue 13 May 2008
- Introduced: Wed 14 May 2008
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Wed 14 May 2008
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Wed 4 Jun 2008
- Date Declared by Deputy Speaker without amendment: Wed 04 Jun 2008
- Member with Carriage: Macdonald, Ian
- Introduced: Wed 4 Jun 2008
- First Reading: Wed 4 Jun 2008
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 25 Jun 2008
- Second Reading: Wed 25 Jun 2008
- Date Committed: Wed 25 June 2008
- Reported w'out amdt: 25/06/2008
- Recommitted: Wed 25 Jun 2008
- Report Adopted: Wed 25 Jun 2008
- Third Reading: Wed 25 Jun 2008
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 25 Jun 2008
- Returned to LA: Wed 25 Jun 2008
- Passed Parliament: Wed 25 Jun 2008
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses