Anti-Discrimination Amendment (Equal Opportunity in Public Employment) Bill 2007
- Assented on 07/12/2007 - Act No 79 of 2007 (GG No. 182, 7/12/2007, p 9533).
An Act to amend the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 with respect to separate annual reporting on EEO matters and to update references to persons with a disability.
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill Part 9A of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 makes provision for equal employment opportunity (EEO) in the public sector. Each public sector agency to which the Part applies (including State owned corporations) is required to report directly, on an annual basis, to the Director of Equal Opportunity in Public Employment on the EEO activities and programs undertaken by the agency during...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 7 of 2007, dated 23/11/2007 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Iemma, Morris
- Notice of Motion: Tue 13 Nov 2007
- Introduced: Wed 14 Nov 2007 am
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Wed 14 Nov 2007 am
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Tue 27 Nov 2007
- Date Declared by Temporary Speaker without amendment: Tue 27 Nov 2007
- Member with Carriage: Della Bosca, John
- Introduced: Wed 28 Nov 2007
- First Reading: Wed 28 Nov 2007
- Second Reading: Thu 29 Nov 2007
- Third Reading: Thu 29 Nov 2007
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Thu 29 Nov 2007
- Returned to LA: Thu 29 Nov 2007
- Passed Parliament: Thu 29 Nov 2007
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses