Adoption Amendment Bill 2008
- Assented on 04/12/2008 - Act No 103 of 2008 (GG No. 157, 12/12/2008, p. 11888).
An Act to amend the Adoption Act 2000 to make further provision with respect to the adoption of children and access to adoption information.
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to amend the Adoption Act 2000 (the Act) following a statutory review of the Act: (a) to simplify the process for intercountry, step parent, relative and adult adoptions, and (b) to allow reports to the Supreme Court (the Court) about adoptions to be made by assessors approved by the Director-General of the Department of Community Services, and to remove an...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 11 of 2008, dated 21/10/2008 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Burney, Linda
- Notice of Motion: Wed 24 Sep 2008
- Introduced: Thu 25 Sep 2008
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Thu 25 Sep 2008
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Tue 21 Oct 2008
- Date Declared by Assistant Speaker without amendment: Tue 21 Oct 2008
- Member with Carriage: Macdonald, Ian
- Introduced: Wed 22 Oct 2008
- First Reading: Wed 22 Oct 2008
- Minister's 2R Speech: Thu 27 Nov 2008
- Second Reading: Thu 27 Nov 2008
- Third Reading: Thu 27 Nov 2008
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Thu 27 Nov 2008
- Returned to LA: Thu 27 Nov 2008
- Passed Parliament: Thu 27 Nov 2008
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses