Avalon Police Station (Public Ownership) Bill 2006
- Private Member's Bill
- Lapsed, 15/01/2007.
- Lapsed Prorogation: 15/01/2007
- Stage at Prorogation: 2R
- House at Prorogation: LA
- See Digest 17 of 2006, dated 21/11/2006 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
An Act to provide that the Avalon Police Station site remain in public ownership, with its use restricted to policing and emergency services purposes.
This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The objects of this Bill are: (a) to ensure that the Avalon police station site remains in public ownership, and (b) to limit the use of the site to police and emergency services. Outline of provisions Clause 1 sets out the name (also called the short title) of the proposed Act. Clause 2 provides for the commencement of the proposed Act on the date of assent to the proposed Act. Clause 3 defines the...
Show full Explanatory Notes
Text of Bill and Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below. Entry not found in index
Text of Bill as First Print
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Introduced by: McTaggart, Alexander
- Notice of Motion: Tue 19 September 2006
- Introduced: Fri 17 November 2006
- First Reading: Fri 17 November 2006
- Ministers 2R Speech: Fri 17 November 2006