Animals (Regulation of Sale) Bill 2008
- Private Member's Bill
- Negatived, Not Agreed in Principle, 22/10/2009.
An Act to regulate the sale of certain animals; and for other purposes.
Text of Bill as introduced
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to protect the lives and well-being of cats, dogs and other mammals (but not livestock) as follows: (a) by prohibiting the keeping of cats and dogs at shops or markets for the purposes of their sale, (b) by prohibiting the sale of cats and dogs at or from shops or markets, (c) by prohibiting the display of mammals other than cats or dogs in shop windows or...
Show full Explanatory Notes
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Moore, Clover
- Notice of Motion: Wed 12 Nov 2008
- Introduced: Fri 14 Nov 2008
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Fri 14 Nov 2008
- Not Agreed to in Principle LA: Thu 22 Oct 2009