Anti-Discrimination Amendment (Equality in Education and Employment) Bill 2005
- Private Member's Bill
- Lapsed, Lapsed on prorogation at 2R stage in LC, Lapsed on prorogation at 2R stage in LC, 19/05/2006.
- See Digest 12 of 2005, dated 18/10/2005 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
An Act to amend the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 to prohibit private educational authorities from discriminating in education and in employment and to prohibit certain employers from discrimination in employment; and for other purposes.
This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to amend the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 to remove the exemptions that allow private educational authorities to discriminate in education and employment or that allow employers who employ no more than 5 persons to discriminate in employment. Outline of provisions Clause 1 sets o...
Show full Explanatory Notes
Text of Bill and Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below. Entry not found in index
Text of Bill as First Print
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Council
- Member with Carriage: Rhiannon, Lee
- Notice of Motion: Thu 18 Mar 2004
- Introduced: Thu 13 Oct 2005
- First Reading: Thu 13 Oct 2005
- Minister's 2R Speech: Thu 13 Oct 2005