Road Transport Legislation Amendment Bill 2008
- Assented on 01/07/2008 - Act No 61 of 2008 (GG No. 87, 11/07/2008, p. 6880).
An Act to amend the Road Transport (Driver Licensing) Act 1998, the Road Transport (Driver Licensing) Regulation 1999 and the Road Transport (General) Act 2005 with respect to further sanctions in relation to certain driving offences, and with respect to fatigue management and speeding compliance, and to amend the Roads Act 1993 with respect to approved toll cameras and toll offences.
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is: (a) to amend the Road Transport (Driver Licensing) Act 1998 and the Road Transport (Driver Licensing) Regulation 1999 to provide for a penalty of driver licence disqualification for the offence of learner driver driving unaccompanied by a supervising driver, and (b) to amend the Road Transport (General) Act 2005 to enable the immediate suspension of a driv...
Show full Explanatory Notes
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Meagher, Reba
- Notice of Motion: Tue 17 Jun 2008
- Introduced: Wed 18 Jun 2008
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Wed 18 Jun 2008
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Tue 24 Jun 2008
- Date Declared by Temporary Speaker without amendment: Tue 24 Jun 2008
- Member with Carriage: Roozendaal, Eric
- Introduced: Wed 25 Jun 2008
- First Reading: Wed 25 Jun 2008
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 25 Jun 2008
- Second Reading: Wed 25 Jun 2008
- Third Reading: Wed 25 Jun 2008
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 25 Jun 2008
- Returned to LA: Wed 25 Jun 2008
- Passed Parliament: Wed 25 Jun 2008
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses