Real Property and Conveyancing Legislation Amendment Bill 2009
- Assented on 13/05/2009 - Act No 17 of 2009 (GG No. 73, 15/05/2009, p. 2234).
An Act to amend the Real Property Act 1900 and other legislation to make further provision with respect to indefeasibility of title, compensation, identification requirements and duties of mortgagees; and for other purposes.
Text of Bill as introduced
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The objects of this Bill are as follows: (a) to reaffirm the principle of indefeasibility of title as contained in section 42 of the Real Property Act 1900, (b) to facilitate the removal of abandoned easements, (c) to introduce additional identification requirements to the Real Property Act 1900 in relation to mortgagees and witnesses, (d) to limit the amounts recoverable from the To...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 4 of 2009, dated 31/03/2009 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Keneally, Kristina
- Notice of Motion: Tue 24 Mar 2009
- Introduced: Wed 25 Mar 2009
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Wed 25 Mar 2009
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Thu 2 Apr 2009
- Date Declared by Temporary Speaker without amendment: Thu 02 Apr 2009
- Member with Carriage: Kelly, Tony
- Introduced: Thu 2 Apr 2009
- First Reading: Thu 2 Apr 2009
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 6 May 2009
- Second Reading: Wed 6 May 2009
- Date Committed: Wed 6 May 2009
- Report Adopted: Wed 6 May 2009
- Third Reading: Wed 6 May 2009
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 6 May 2009
- Returned to LA: Wed 6 May 2009
- Assented: Wed 13 May 2009