Senators’ Elections Amendment Bill 2007
- Assented on 06/06/2007 - Act No 1 of 2007 (GG No. 80, 15/6/2007, p 3725.).
An Act to amend the Senators’ Elections Act 1903 with respect to the close of the electoral rolls.
Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to amend the Senators’ Elections Act 1903 (the Principal Act) to omit the provision that is now inconsistent with Commonwealth legislation relating to the close of the electoral rolls for the election of Senators for New South Wales. The Bill also contains amendments to the Principal Act by way of statute law revision. Outline of provisions Clause 1 sets out the name (also called the short title) of the proposed Act. Clause 2 provides for the co...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 1 of 2007, dated 27/06/2007 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Iemma, Morris
- Notice of Motion: Tue 8 May 2007
- Introduced: Wed 9 May 2007
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Wed 9 May 2007
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Tue 29 May 2007
- Date Declared by Temporary Speaker without amendment: Tue 29 May 2007
- Member with Carriage: Della Bosca, John
- Notice of Motion: Wed 30 May 2007
- Introduced: Mon 30 May 0007
- First Reading: Wed 30 May 2007
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 30 May 2007
- Second Reading: Wed 30 May 2007
- Third Reading: Wed 30 May 2007
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 30 May 2007
- Returned to LA: Wed 30 May 2007
- Passed Parliament: Wed 30 May 2007
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses