Rail Safety Bill 2008
- Assented on 03/12/2008 - Act No 97 of 2008 (GG No. 155, 5/12/2008, p. 11717).
An Act to make provision with respect to rail safety; to repeal the Rail Safety Act 2002; and for other purposes.
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The objects of this Bill are: (a) to establish general duties to ensure safety in relation to railway operations, and (b) to implement in New South Wales a nationally consistent scheme for other rail safety requirements and accreditation of rail transport operators, and (c) to repeal the Rail Safety Act 2002 and to re-enact certain provisions of that Act relating to offences, and (d)...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 11 of 2008, dated 21/10/2008 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Campbell, David
- Notice of Motion: Tue 23 Sep 2008
- Introduced: Wed 24 Sep 2008
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Wed 24 Sep 2008
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Wed 22 Oct 2008
- Date Declared by Assistant Speaker without amendment: Wed 22 Oct 2008
- Member with Carriage: Della Bosca, John
- Introduced: Wed 22 Oct 2008
- First Reading: Wed 22 Oct 2008
- Minister's 2R Speech: Tue 25 Nov 2008
- Second Reading: Tue 25 Nov 2008
- Third Reading: Tue 25 Nov 2008
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Tue 25 Nov 2008
- Returned to LA: Tue 25 Nov 2008
- Passed Parliament: Tue 25 Nov 2008
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses