Community Protection (Dangerous Offenders) Bill 1999
- Private Member's Bill
- Negatived, 06/04/2000.
- Lapsed Prorogation: 11/08/1999
- Stage at Prorogation: Notice of Motion
- House at Prorogation: LA
An Act to protect the community by providing for the classification of certain persons as dangerous offenders, and for related purposes.
This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The objects of this Bill are as follows: (a) to provide for the classification of certain persons as dangerous offenders in order to provide protection both to individuals who have reasonable grounds to fear those offenders and to the community as a whole, (b) to restrict the grounds on which the Parole Board may make parole orders...
Show full Explanatory Notes
Text of Bill and Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below. Entry not found in index
Text of Bill as First Print
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Introduced by: Richardson, Michael
- Notice of Motion: Tue 19 October 99
- Introduced: Thu 21 October 99
- First Reading: Thu 21 October 99
- Ministers 2R Speech: Thu 21 October 99