Liquor Amendment (3 Strikes) Bill 2011 (No 2)
- Assented on 16/11/2011 - Act No 58 of 2011 (GG No.113, 25/11/11, p.6710).
An Act to amend the Liquor Act 2007 to introduce a 3 strikes disciplinary system for licences in respect of premises on which multiple breaches of that Act have occurred; and for other purposes
Overview of Bill
The object of this Bill is to establish a 3 strikes disciplinary system in respect of liquor licences for venues at which multiple breaches of the Liquor Act 2007 have occurred
Note: If this Bill is not modified, these Explanatory Notes would reflect the Bill as passed in the House.
If the Bill has been amended by Committee, these Explanatory Notes may not necessarily reflect the Bill as passed.
See Digest 7 of 2011, dated 08/11/2011 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Amendments for Consideration
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
|Suspension of standing and sessional orders in the Legislative Assembly: 17/10/2011 - Introduction in the LA; 17/10/2011 - All Stages in the LA|
- Member with Carriage: Souris, George
- Introduced: Tue 18 Oct 2011
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Tue 18 Oct 2011
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Wed 19 Oct 2011
- Date Declared by Assistant Speaker without amendment: Wed 19 Oct 2011
- Member with Carriage: Gallacher, Michael
- Introduced: Wed 19 Oct 2011
- First Reading: Wed 19 Oct 2011
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 9 Nov 2011
- Second Reading: Wed 9 Nov 2011
- Date Committed: Wed 9 November 2011
- Reported w'out amdt: 09/11/2011
- Report Adopted: Wed 9 Nov 2011
- Third Reading: Wed 9 Nov 2011
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 9 Nov 2011
- Returned to LA: Wed 9 Nov 2011
- Passed Parliament: Wed 9 Nov 2011
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses
- Assented: Wed 16 Nov 2011