Trends in Police Corruption (Inquiry)
This inquiry is a completed Parliamentary inquiry conducted by the Ombudsman, the Police Integrity Commission and the Crime Commission Committee. The Committee was established in 1990 by amendment to the Ombudsman Act 1974 to monitor and review the functions of the Ombudsman's Office. The Committee's jurisdiction was extended under the Police Integrity Commission Act 1996 to include oversight of the Police Integrity Commission and the Inspector to the PIC.
Timeline (click to show)
Referred: 13 May 99
» Final Report Published: 1 Dec 2002
Reports and Government Responses (click to show)
No records of reports or government responses are available for this inquiry.
Hearings and Transcripts (click to show)
No records of hearings or transcripts are available for this inquiry.
Contact Us (click to show)
This is a completed inquiry. The contacts below are historical only.
- Primary contact: Helen Minnican, phone 9230 2062
- Address for written correspondence:
Committee on the Ombudsman, the Police Integrity Commission and the Crime Commission
Sydney NSW 2000
Fax: (02) 9230 3052
Inquiry Terms of Reference (click to show)
Resolution passed 13 May 1999, 1st Session, Minutes No. 3, p 61.
That under section 31A of the Ombudsman Act 1974 a Joint Committee known as the Committee on the Office of the Ombudsman and the Police Integrity Commission be appointed.
- That under section 31C (1) (a) of the Ombudsman Act 1974, Mr Hatzistergos, 1 member nominated by the Leader of the Opposition and 1 member nominated by the Cross Bench Members be appointed to serve as the Members of the Legislative Council.
- In the absence of any agreement the representation on the Committee is to be determined by the House.
- Nominations for membership of the Committee are to be in writing to the Clerk of the House within 7 day.