Chapter 14 - Standing Order No 75 - Moving of motions
Standing Order No. 75
Moving of motions
(1) Motions, other than the motion for the address in reply, do not require a seconder.
(2) A member at the request of another member who has given notice may move the motion of which notice has been given.
(3) If a motion on the Notice Paper is not moved when it is called on, it will be withdrawn from the Notice Paper.
(4) A motion which has been moved is in the possession of the House, and may only be withdrawn by the mover by leave of the House.
(5) A motion which has been superseded or withdrawn by leave of the House may be moved again during the same session.
(6) Once an amendment has been proposed to a motion, the original motion may not be withdrawn, unless the amendment has been withdrawn or negatived.
« Index of Standing Orders