Chapter 31 - Standing Order No 196 - Conduct of visitors
Standing Order No. 196
Conduct of visitors
(1) Visitors may attend in the galleries during a sitting of the Legislative Council, unless otherwise ordered by the House.
(2) The President only may admit visitors to the seating in the gallery on either side of the President’s Chair.
(3) No person other than a member, a Clerk-at-the-Table or an officer attending on the House may enter any part of the chamber reserved for members, while the House is sitting.
(4) Paragraph (3) does not apply in respect of a member breastfeeding an infant.
(5) The Usher of the Black Rod, subject to any direction by the President, is to remove any person who enters any part of the chamber reserved for members while the House is sitting, or causes a disturbance in or near the chamber.
« Index of Standing Orders